These little guys are now two weeks old. Unfortunately they are still in the hospital. I had really hoped they would be home by now, but it looks like it may still be another week or two. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I go back and forth between feeling like I'm being jipped out of their first weeks of life or feeling like it's actually bonus time because they aren't really supposed to be here yet anyway. I think I need to focus on the latter. Both babies are doing well, they just still haven't figured out how to suck, swallow, and breathe all at the same time. They are just lazy (I mean small and tired) and it takes a lot of work to even get an ounce down their throats. It's getting better, but it's kind of like take one step forward and two steps back. Overall it's an upward trend, it's just slow going.
Haley: 4lbs 10oz.
Spencer: 5lbs 3oz.
Monday, October 12, 2009
2 Weeks and counting
Posted by beautifuldey at 4:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
it must be so hard for you guys. Don't let it get you down. The only thing you can do is love and support those little ones. Do it the best you can! Still praying!
They are almost identical weights to my girls when they both came home. I hope it is sooner rather than later. It's really hard on you to have two in the hospital and one at home. You need to get them home and become a together family.
How are the feedings going? Are the nurses really working with them, or are they allowing them to sleep? Make sure they are up eating or trying to eat every 3 hours and working on it for 45 min. at a time. That's how my girls got it. It's really hard and sometimes I would think it's just better to tube feed, but it's much better to have them home! Good luck. Can't wait to see them when you are all home.
Post a Comment